Monday, November 19, 2012

BUDS 2012 - Claire

They didn't stay shiny red for long
Given that I am a 4th year at university and this was my first time at BUDS (British University Dry Slope Champs), it was always going to be great and having a legend of a bus driver confirmed this as soon as we got on the bus! 8 hours later and we arrived at our hostel in Edinburgh which used to be a church. After our arrival and having cooked spaghetti bolognese for 12 people we explored the hostel and found that all of the Irish were also staying there!

In typical Scottish style, it rained almost all weekend, this made walking up the side of the hill to where we were based difficult and interesting! With regards to the racing, I wasn't expecting much as I had skied on dry slope for the first time in 2 years only the week before. However, I managed to finish 40th in slalom and 47th in GS out of 203 females, so it wasn't too bad! The weekend also meant that I got to meet loads of people who I haven't seen since I have been at university, which was really amazing!

The BUDS Ball was a perfect end to the whole event, any reason to get out a posh frock! Even if we did see far too much of all the "true scotsmen" who were there!

Our first experience of a drunken true scotsman of the night!


BUDS Ball 2012


UEA Ski Captain and myself

The view from the top of Hillend

Battered and bruised after the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment